General Call for Directors: The Matachewan First Nation Limited Partnership (MFNLP) and 2242185 Ontario Limited are issuing this call for directors for the organizations(s). This call has been directed by Chief & Council on behalf of the shareholders in accordance with By-Law no. 1 of the MFNLP and put forth to bring current board directorship number to five members.
POSTION: Board Directors (2)
TERM: Three year duration from the date of appointment
MFNLP Objectives Summary: The MFN LP is designed to deliver on the mandates set forth for it by the Shareholders (the First Nation members of the Matachewan First Nation) as represented by Chief and Council. Objectives of the MFNLP include, but are not limited to the following;
- Locating business opportunities
- Designing Businesses
- Strategic investment
- Management and Governance of new and existing businesses
- Creating new First Nation enterprises
- Building value in the organization(s) for shareholders
- Locate and/or propose potential business deals by contracting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potentials and financials; evaluating options
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examine risks and potentials;
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect organization’ value by keeping information confidential.
- Develop policies and ensure all policies and bylaws/rules are either properly enforced or amended.
- Understand financial implications of Board decisions and recommendations to Shareholders.
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in use and financial records are up to date and accurate.
- Monitor expenses and income.
- Approve the annual budget and recommend it to Shareholders.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of MFN LP and Partners operations to ensure continuous quality and improvements.
- Ensure long-range planning and forecasting.
- Attend regularly scheduled board meetings – minimum 4 per year
- Act in the best interest of the MFN LP and its shareholders
Qualifications and Skills: Successful applicants will be required to demonstrate they meet one or more of the following criteria and are expected to present such qualifications in a resume style to the selection team.
- Post-secondary education credential
- 3 + years related experience in successful business practice
- 3 + years of leadership or management experience
- Project management experience
- Matachewan First Nation Member
- Other relevant skills and experience
Closing Date This call for directors shall commence on May 24, 2013 and close on June 11, 2013. Applications time stamped after the closing date will not be considered.
Application Submission Interested candidates can apply by submitting resumes in the following formats:
By Mail: Box 240, Matachewan, ON P0K 1M0
By Fax: 705-567-5764
By email: Wincikabygloria@msn.com