Augen Gold Corp Signs With Wabun First Nations
- September 2007 Mattagami First Nation and Augen Gold Corp begin discussions concerning exploration and development.
- July 10 2008 the Wabun First Nations of Mattagami, Brunswick House and Flying Post sign an Exploration Agreement (EA) with Augen Gold Corp.
- The EA provides the Wabun First Nations consulting and advisory services, employment and training, business opportunities, ongoing communication and environmental consultation, as well as shares in Augen Gold Corp to the Wabun First Nations.
- The Exploration Agreement is directly related to the company’s Jerome Mining claims southwest of Timmins.
- An Exploration Agreement, which is generally struck in the very early stages of development, deals with benefits, guidelines and the commitment to negotiate an Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) if the property proceeds to a mining operation.
- Augen Gold Corporation is a gold exploration mining company which holds mining claims over a 45 kilometer length in townships 40 kilometers west of Gogama. The company’s claims include the site of the former producing Jerome Gold Mine. Augen Gold’s objective is to explore the Jerome mine in order to determine the gold potential and to continue to expand its property portfolio with prospective mineral assets.