Trelawney Mining & Exploration Inc. Signs Agreement With Mattagami First Nation
- September 2009 Trelawney Mining & Exploration Inc signs an Exploration Agreement (EA) with Mattagami First Nation.
- The EA applies to Trelawney’s exploration activities on its Chester Township properties in the traditional territory of Mattagami First Nation.
- The EA will provide training and business opportunities for the community as well as ongoing communication.
- Mattagami First Nation and Trelawney Mining & Exploration Inc have also agreed to negotiate an Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) if the project proceeds to production.
- The Chester Township properties is a former gold producing mining area located between Timmins and Sudbury. The mining area can be found 20 kilometres southwest of Gogama off of Highway 144. Past producing mining companies on the property include Jerome Mine, Matachewan and Young Davidson. Further underground development took place as the Chester Gold Project in the 1980s.
- Trelawney Mining and Exploration Inc is a Canadian public corporation, focused on exploring and mining high-grade narrow vein resources in Northern Ontario.